Thursday, April 15, 2010

DIY Wine Bottle Arrangements from your own Backyard

I'm not sure if it's Spring Cleaning, but lately I've just been interested in changing things up around here- to get a little fresh air moving through the house. I've been craving fresh flowers in a bad way- but having trouble plunking down $15 for the humiliated looking roses for sale around here. Then I remembered- I live in a tropical paradise!

I'd been saving some wine bottles for this DIY lamp project and just look at the extraordinary foliage growing right in my own backyard? Bonus- they last an eternity in cut flower years! The result here is very West Elm, no? I could have stopped, but you know Miss B. More is more in my book. I also have a few pyrex science beakers in the shop at the moment, so I thought I'd put 'em to use till someone snaps them up.

I added the turtle watercolor (the only piece of artwork that was originally in this house that I absolutely loved) and a few spun glass candle holders I had in another part of the house. So pleased with my little composition. It's feeling very lush, tropical and clean in here all of the sudden and I didn't spend one single penny. What's better than that?

This could work just as well with anything that's blooming in your neck of the woods- ferns, blooming branches, anything goes! Just make sure to very the height of the stems, the sizes of the containers and stick to odd numbers for maximum visual interest.

Have you made something new with something you had already? I'd love to hear all about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo! A comment from you!