Monday, January 25, 2010

Moveable Art!

My studio has wonderful wall to wall ledges that make it easy to curate my art collection into fun new arrangements. I thought I'd share a recent assemblage, though it's already been changed up.


From top left:
A tiny postcard of very creepy animatronic bears to which I added gold stickers that read "Everyone thinks they have good taste." A quote from this scene in When Harry Met Sally, also known as The Romantic Comedy Against Which All Others Shall be Measured Until the End of Time.
A photo of my little friend Lou.
Another pithy poster that reads "It really Tied the Room Together", a quote from another of my favorite comedies, The Big Lebowski. It makes me giggle since it matches the wallpaper from my desk makeover and does, in fact, tie the room together.
Three framed book pages from the wonderful children's book The Saggy Baggy Elephant.

These wonderful paintings of Holly Golightly's apartment by the talented Fifi were a Christmas gift to myself. I can't get enough of them. P.S: This company does a replica of her signature bathtub sofa!


I hand painted the chorus to I Feel Pretty from the immortal musical West Side Story in script on a piece of charming vintage gift wrap for this poster. Are you sensing a theme here?

What kind of art do you have in your home? Which is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I love the southwest, so our home (and some of my jewelry designs) reflect that. We sponge painted our living room walls a terra cotta color and teal/turquoise for the trim. I collect pieces of handmade pottery from mostly Native American artists.

    ReplyDelete

Wahoo! A comment from you!