Thursday, January 21, 2010

Make Your Own Frilly Valentines

I wanted to do some cool Valentines this year using things I already had on hand. These babies were the frilly results! It was really a simple project- just a bit of glue. P.S) Have you seen the love notes Julia & Paul Child used to send out in lieu of Christmas cards? Valentines Day was their thing!

Here is a little photo tutorial. So simple, I don't think I'll bother to include written instructions. Here's what I used:

Heart Shaped Paper Doilies (the ultimate Valentine Cliche, try the supermarket!)
Dye cut flowers (I bought mine on clearance at Vile Michaels but you could cut your own or use a punch.)
Glue Stick
Elmer's Glue



I only glued the center so the lace would rise off the card stock to create a layered effect.








Mine are available at The Fab Miss B if you don't want to make your own! Are you planning any surprises for your Valentine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo! A comment from you!